Top Law Firm Marketing Mistakes
Posted on: 6 September, 2021
Law firms, like any other business, have the goal to grow and increase their bottom line. Effective marketing is a critical part of making this happen. It’s not necessarily the size of a marketing budget that determines how productive the approach is. The targeted strategy is what will make your marketing dollars give you that return on investment that you are looking for.
When you are operating a law firm, you are wearing many hats. Diverting your valuable time to constantly checking in on your marketing plan and making adjustments may not be realistic. However, doing so is necessary. Actionable Agency is a law firm marketing agency that can work with you to develop a tactical and tailored marketing solution for your firm to thrive.
The Biggest Law Firm Marketing Mistakes
If you look at your marketing plan and you can identify any of the following, it is going to cost you. Listed below are the most common mistakes law firms make when it comes to marketing:
- Your website has not been refreshed and is outdated. If your site is not set up to work on modern technology, it will not be seen. If the information is old, it makes your law firm appear stagnant. Your website should play a key role in attracting visitors and motivating them to give you a call. If your firm’s website is not getting the attention of your target audience and giving them a reason to connect with you, you will lose them to a competitor who has a fresh and active online presence.
- Not understanding the importance of customer reviews. People will research prospective lawyers in part, based on what others say about their opinion of your services. If you are not working with your satisfied clients to see if they will write a review about their positive experience using your law firm, future clients may not feel comfortable reaching out to you.
- Not adapting your marketing strategy to identify and mark who exactly it is that would be looking for the specific services you offer. If your marketing plan is too broad, it is not working efficiently to collect the actual people who are shopping around for your legal services.
- Failing to regularly monitor marketing data to determine where the best areas are for your critical resources is a huge mistake. It makes no sense to put money towards marketing programs or tools that are not producing.
- Not keeping your content up to date with the most fruitful SEO. Your SEO is working when your website is found at the top of anyone’s online search. Figuring out how to update your SEO so it works for you, is something that can be difficult. For this reason, working with a partner that fully understands SEO is key. Actionable Agency has years of experience developing SEO that will make your website rank well.
- Regardless of your level of understanding of social media, the many different platforms that exist are a direct line to building a customer base that trusts your legal expertise. Social media can also expand your reach.
Speak with a Law Firm Marketing Agency Today
Marketing can be complicated and it is always changing. To ensure you get the most out of your marketing budget, working with an SEO marketing agency that has considerable experience with law firm marketing services is a must. Call Actionable Agency today to learn more at (818) 949-2618.